Sariah decided to display her creativity on the bedroom wall of the yellow room. In so doing, I was unable to wash the "crayon masterpiece" off the wall! So...with that Dallas and I decided to repaint the walls. This should be easy right...uh no! We began the process by the usual taping and priming (that took forever). The first coat of paint went on, which didn't quite match the original color so...I decided I would go and buy a can of paint that, I thought, would match the original color. With Sariah and Ammon in hand I went to Lowe's where I purchased a can of yellowish tangy paint...a custom mixed color I might add, which means nonreturnable!! I brought the tangy paint home and presented it to Dallas, his reaction was, "Babe...I don't think that is the right color, it's way yellow." I had to agree, but insisted he paint the wall the color I had chosen.BIG MISTAKE!! To get the color absolutely perfect the walls had to be primed, so that is exactly what Dallas did. It was then time for Dallas to paint the walls my tangy yellow After a few strokes I had to agree...this color was a catastrophe!! This only led to more priming of the walls (2 coats to be exact) and another trip to Lowe's at 8:30 p.m. Saturday night. At 9 p.m. Dallas and I agreed on the 2 colors that would solve our problem...Toasted Pecan and Peach Tickle. It is now 10:42 p.m. Sunday...I know, but this had to get done...and Dallas is almost done painting!! Bye bye school bus yellow! Painting your home is suppose to be fun and I usually enjoy this sorta stuff, but this was such a chore!! Dallas was such a trooper!! So were the children.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Tangy or School Bus Yellow
Sariah decided to display her creativity on the bedroom wall of the yellow room. In so doing, I was unable to wash the "crayon masterpiece" off the wall! So...with that Dallas and I decided to repaint the walls. This should be easy right...uh no! We began the process by the usual taping and priming (that took forever). The first coat of paint went on, which didn't quite match the original color so...I decided I would go and buy a can of paint that, I thought, would match the original color. With Sariah and Ammon in hand I went to Lowe's where I purchased a can of yellowish tangy paint...a custom mixed color I might add, which means nonreturnable!! I brought the tangy paint home and presented it to Dallas, his reaction was, "Babe...I don't think that is the right color, it's way yellow." I had to agree, but insisted he paint the wall the color I had chosen.BIG MISTAKE!! To get the color absolutely perfect the walls had to be primed, so that is exactly what Dallas did. It was then time for Dallas to paint the walls my tangy yellow After a few strokes I had to agree...this color was a catastrophe!! This only led to more priming of the walls (2 coats to be exact) and another trip to Lowe's at 8:30 p.m. Saturday night. At 9 p.m. Dallas and I agreed on the 2 colors that would solve our problem...Toasted Pecan and Peach Tickle. It is now 10:42 p.m. Sunday...I know, but this had to get done...and Dallas is almost done painting!! Bye bye school bus yellow! Painting your home is suppose to be fun and I usually enjoy this sorta stuff, but this was such a chore!! Dallas was such a trooper!! So were the children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment