Saturday, September 25, 2010

BYU Living Legends Here We Come!

My Hula Maidens performed wonderfully in todays performance! I am so proud of their efforts! Sadie was a little hesitant, but she can dance beautifully! She has the omni down very well (the swaying of the hips). Sophie on the other hand...is a natural performer! She had the hand motions down to a "T." She was not nervous in the slightest bit and smiled the entire time while dancing.

They wore their Pa'u Hula Skirts and Shelled Leis, which we purchased at the Swap Meet in Aiea. They were simply breathtaking.





I am so excited for them! It is my wish that someday one of them will have the desire to dance with BYU Living Legends. What can I say I live vicariously through my children. Wink! Wink!

Here is a peak at one of the girls performances. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. To My Lovely Hula Dancers,

    I am so proud of both of you. The pictures and video are awesome. I hope you enjoy dancing and that you will continue to practice and improve. You are definitely the best dancers out of the whole group. Your smiles will always brighten my day no matter where I am. I love you.

    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about at the PCC? That was my dream but, alas it was never meant to be with my red hair and white skin!!! I danced with a Tahitian dance group in high school, and then I was so sad to find out that I'd never be able to dance at PCC. So your girls are welcome to live out my dream too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just fabulous!! They are great! Oh how I miss Hawaii. Oh how I miss that swap meet!! :) They are great dancers. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gals! Sophie really does have it down, how neat! :) I think it is so cool that your girls have the opportunity to learn these dances, and where better to learn than in Hawaii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous!! What a beautiful family you have! Also, I can not believe Sariah is 4!! Wow how time is flying!

    ReplyDelete