

The first day of school is always filled with anxiety and excitement, especially in our home. To prepare for the upcoming school year we always buy the essentials (2 outfits, supplies, and shoes), attend the School Open House, trim hair and nails, see the dentist, and most importantly receive a Father's Blessing. Last Monday wasn't any different. Getting the girls ready for school was a snap simply because they were MOTIVATED, but leaving them in their classrooms with their new teachers was quite difficult. Difficult for both the girls and I. Sophie was nervous, but she managed to control her nerves and get settled. Sadie, unfortunately, had her teacher changed a couple of days before, so she no longer had all her friends from the previous year with her and as you can probably imagine was a complete wreck when I left her sight. Like any mother...I wanted to fix the situation. I asked her to come with me to the office where I conversed with the "new" principle and in a matter of minutes she was back in her original class. I don't know if I reacted too hastily, but Sadie and I felt a lot better about the whole situation afterwards.
Sadie and I often talk about that first day of school a week ago and she ALWAYS thanks me for helping her get back to her original class. I hope the girls feel confident and adjust easily to the many changes that will be taking place this school year. Being a Family in the Army brings about many changes, some changes Dallas and I would rather do without. Our next family transition will be Hawaii. We are looking forward to this with much anticipation!
Oh B. I just have to say that you are an amazing mother! I am so proud of you and what you did for Sadie. She'll always remember how her mommy made sure her needs and concerns were met and how you stood up for her. Trust me she'll never forget it. Can I just say that Dallas may be seen as the soldier upfront but he's got a fierce yet kind woman who stands beside him. You go girl! Love you and Dallas and my amazing nieces and nephew. :) luv, Chels-
ReplyDelete