This fruit is extremely stinky, hard and poky! It grows high up in the trees and those who farm this fruit wear hard hats because sudden impact could cause death.
I love Dallas' crazed look! So silly! He was extremely excited to share this with us!
Dallas tasting a bit of heaven! Just like old times...taste just as scrumptious!
Dallas filmed all of us tasting our first bite of Durian, but unfortunately the video footage is too long. Hopefully, Dallas will be able to modify it somewhat.
Sadie tasted the fruit and gagged after swallowing it saying it, "tasted like gas Dad!"
Sophie took a small bite and ran for the trash can gagging! It was quite funny to watch... only because that girl rarely tries anything new!
Sariah bravely took a bite and when asked if she liked it replied, "yes" with a questionable smile that left us laughing!

I first smelled the fruit and then took a bite...surprisingly enough it wasn't too bad, actually it tasted like gravy. It's definitely a taste I could grow to love.
We had so much fun tasting this new fruit despite the stench it left in our home! Really bad. Dallas cut open as much of the Durian as he could with a knife, which was quite difficult (back in Malaysia they use a Machete) and placed the seeds in a Ziploc bag that now sits in our freezer!
A side note* The Elders had every missionary taste this fruit upon arriving in the area! They either liked the fruit are completely hated it!
That was an awesome post. I've always wanted to see this mystery fruit of Dallas's. I wanna try it! Love the picture where Dallas is making the face! Cool.
ReplyDelete