Melissa and Gabe were married for all time and eternity the 3rd of January in the Mesa, Arizona Temple. It was wonderful. Melissa wore a beautiful wedding gown topped with a flower headpiece (haku) I made specifically for her in remembrance of her time in Hawaii, which is where she and Gabe met. She was gorgeous.
Our parents were happy for Melissa and Gabe.
The little girls wore mustard yellow and blue muumuu's with shelled lei's, they were all adorable! The little boy's wore mustard yellow ties and were handsome as ever! Unfortunately everyone is bundled up this picture because it was an extremely cold day in Mesa, we were expecting it to be at least ten degrees warmer.
This is kinda of a random shot taken in between my cousin Julie's photo session, but I like it because it feels very natural...it seems to flow. My parents looked really nice that day...my Dad could have modeled for GQ! Just kidding Dad we like to tease you, but you both looked really nice.
I put together Melissa's wedding bouquet as well, that was a lot of fun!
This is one of my favorite pictures, the Father and the Bride.
This is another favorite, Mother and the Bride.
The 5 Kinlacheeny siblings; Jeff, Spencer, Melissa, Me and Brian.
Jeff, Maren, Spencer, Gabe, Melissa, BJ, Dallas, Monica and Brian
The Kinlacheeny Family
Dear LaLa,
I am so proud of you! Thank you for being the greatest sister! I didn't think I was going to have a sister after three of our siblings were boys and then you came along. I remember picking you and Mom up from the hospital, I asked for you to sleep in my bed that first night you came home...I was that excited!
Our time together seemed to be cut short though, I was married your seventh grade year and you felt as though Dallas had stole me from you...hence the ginormous snowball thrown in his face! But our relationship has been the greatest! We are VERY close. My heart ached knowing that I may not be present for your sealing because I lived thousands of miles away in Hawaii, but I was blessed with a miracle that enabled my entire family to be present. Melissa you are the BEST! You are beautiful, smart and VERY talented. You have the sweetest spirit and the strongest testimony of the Gospel. Thank you for living/helping me while Dallas was at Basic Training, in Georgia for two months, deployed in Iraq and during my miscarriage ...you are the GREATEST! The Gilmore children adore you, you will always be their "Nanny" LaLa. I hope you were able to learn as much from our family as we have learned from you!
Love you LaLa
B
P.S.
Gabe, Take care of my sister.


BJ,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly appreciate your sweet words of love. I must admit that my eyes were filled with tears of joy and appreciation for having been blessed with such a wonderful sister as you. You are my strength. I look to you as a example of what I want my family to be like. And yes, I will admit, as I have before, that snowball was a clear message to Dallas that was not to be misinterpreted. Haha! He stole you from me, but it was all worth it. You and Dallas have brought some of the greatest children into this world. I love them all with my whole heart. I am truly grateful for such an opportunity of being more than their Auntie. In my mind, I feel as though they are my children too. Thank you for inviting me into your beautiful home. It was there that I learned of myself and the wonderful blessing we as daughters of God have. I feel as though The Lord blessed me with that extra time. Hawaii was the place I blossomed as a rose spiritually. Hawaii is where my Gabe found me. :D Sigh. Blessings of being born to goodly parents and a righteous family. I love you BJ.
LaLa