Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Patton Museum's 60th Anniversary Celebration

This Saturday we took the kids to the Patton Museum, which is located here on Post, for a little army culture experience! The Museum was celebrating it's 60th Anniversary, which included live reenactments of WWI and WWII, tank displays, camps that depicted different war era's, and food! The girls had a blast climbing in and out of tanks while Dallas enjoyed taking pictures of them doing so! He had them pose for a couple...as you will see!

















Walking through the German camp was a little eerie...especially after watching "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas!" I think what made it extremely eerie was the fact that there were men dressed up in German Uniforms patrolling the area while others did everyday tasks, such as giving a haircut to another soldier. SCARY





There was an area set up for the horses...I think I put a damper on that...due to the fact that I am a little scared of horses myself! Dallas on the other hand is not afraid of anything...needless to say he is in the Army! Anyways, because I mentioned a few concerns about the girls being so close to the horses they too became a little frightened...well except Sariah of course!








Overall I thought the Museum Celebration was exciting and interesting! I don't know much about the Army so I thought this visit was very educational! It brings me a little piece of mind to know what Dallas will be in charge of and working with; I write a little because no matter how much I know, I will always be concerned for Dallas' safety and well being when away at war! Love you Dallas!

No comments:

Post a Comment