Thursday, June 4, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Today is June 4th and it is my lovely wife's birthday. I decided to write on her blog and tell those of you who read it a little bit about this wonderful woman.

This is her 10th birthday that we are spending together after 9 1/2 years of marriage. She was only 19 when we got married and I am sure many people thought she was too young. I have to admit I could only think about how much I loved her and not her age. I guess you could say I was being extremely selfish and not thinking about what lay ahead in her future. When we started dating she had just been accepted to BYU as a transferring student from CEU. I can remember her excitement about being accepted, as it was one of her long time dreams to attend school and graduate from BYU. Needless to say that she hasn't fulfilled that dream yet. It is hard to say if she would've graduated if I didn't come into her life. Sometimes I think about the experiences she could've had as a single student. She could've made a lot interesting friends and dated more (I was only the 2nd guy she dated). She could've taken advantage of the travel opportunities offered to many students at BYU and seen many different parts of the world. She could've joined the Living Legends and danced around the world (another dream lost). I am sure I could list many more. Instead of focusing on the things BJ could've done, let me write about the things she has done.

She has put her own life aside to give birth to four beautiful children. As their mother she cares for them each and every day. Not all of those days are good ones, as all those with children know how they can be. She has made many wonderful friends who love and respect her for who she is. She stuck by me at BYU even when I changed my major multiple times and lengthened our stay. She waited patiently until I finally chose a career path and supported me when it lead to the Army. She became a single parent twice when I was away for training for several months. I know it will happen again when I get deployed. She continues to be faithful servant of Jesus Christ and a stalwart member of our faith. There are many other things she does each day to make the live of those around her easier, and I am sure there will be many more things she will do in her life that will be amazing.

To my Wife,

BJ, you first captured my heart your Junior year of high school before I left on my mission to South East Asia. For some reason when you came out in your beautiful black homecoming dress during half time at the basket ball game, my heart melted. It wasn't until I returned home from my mission and saw you again that I remembered that day and my heart melted once again. Before we were married I had traveled to many different places in the world and met many wonderful people from all cultures. I was going to be a returning student at a prestigious university. Many people would say I had a lot going for me and a very bright future. I want you to know that my life didn't really start until that day we were sealed for time and eternity in the Mesa Arizona Temple, and it continues to be the only life I have ever wanted. I know our marriage has been full of bumps and bruises, but we have stuck through them for almost 10 years and I know we will stick through the ones to come. I dream of the many wonderful moments we will share with each other, our children, and our grandchildren. You are my best friend, my wife, and mother to my children, but most of all you are the one that has all my love forever.
Happy Birthday!

Love ,
Dallas

1 comment:

  1. I am usually just a blog stalker and don't comment much, but had to say how awesome this was to read. Dallas, what a sweet thing to write to BJ. I can't speak for her, but as another lucky gal that was married at 19, I don't regret it for one minute, and I imagine BJ feels the same.

    Happy late birthday, BJ!

    ReplyDelete