Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Carolina Beach

Over Memorial Day Weekend our family ventured off to North Carolina to meet up with our old BYU friends who also serve in the military and who were stationed in Oahu, Hawaii the sametime we were. We also had the pleasure of staying with one of Dallas' classmates, from the Captain's Career Course, parents home in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Overall the trip was well needed and we had a great time together as a family away from the hustle and bustle of "military life". 

 Here are the kids near the boardwalk that lines the Atlantic Ocean picking shells...very different experience from the Pacific Ocean.
 Isn't it beautiful...cold water and different vegetation, but still beautiful!
 Sophie looking for her sea treasures
 This headband thing happens to Sariah on a daily basis, so glad I finally got it on camera! I guess she is too busy looking for her sea shells to notice!
 While we were near the boardwalk Dallas was in line at this donut place called "Brits Donut Shop", which just happens to be one of the best places to grab a donut or two in America! The donuts were so light and fluffy and literally melted in your mouth..YUMMY! We bought two dozen!


Here we are at Dan's parents home near the dock that meets up with their backyard...really nice! The kids sat here, supervised, and watched the crab cages slowly being filled with crabs! 

 Here is Noah at the beach, which he thoroughly enjoyed...couldn't move fast enough to keep up with him!
 And here is Layla, our family chocolate labrador, making her first debut on the family blog! She loved the ocean and enjoyed the trip just as much as we did becuase we had a house full of dogs... who just happen to be her neigborhood friends!

 Ammon and Dallas met up with the guys who had just returned from some deep sea fishing. Ammon thought this was really COOL...taking a picture with a fish almost as big as him.
 Dallas, Sariah, Sophie and I went kayaking near Dan's parents home, it was sooo much fun! Sadie did really well kayaking by herself. Dallas was a pro. Sophie and I shared a kayak and had a rough start but finished great!

 Dan took our family on a boat ride up and down the river, which led out to the ocean...the kids loved it as well as I. I've never really been on a boat before so this was a real treat.

 Ammon and I
Carolina Beach, NC 2013

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog entry! It's nice to see pictures of the kids. They are growing up so well. It baffles me to see that they have grown an inch or so since I last saw them. Me, oh my! Thanks for sharing such experiences B. I look forward to reading future blogs. I need to jump back on the band wagon!

    ReplyDelete