Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Growing Pains

On Saturday, December 3, 2011 our Ward Activity Day Girls attended the Hawaii, Laie Temple Visitors Center. Since Sadie and Sophie are now in Activity Days and I am the Primary President, we loaded up our family vehicle and made it a family outing. We had a wonderful visit. The girls toured the Visitors Center and watched movies about Eternal Families and the Story of Jesus Christ's Birth. The Spirit was overwhelming and I ended just about every movie teary eyed.
The movie about Eternal Families touched my heart...I had seen this movie before, back in May when I miscarried, I was teary eyed then as well, but this time for a different reason. The reason being at the end of the movie the oldest daughter of the family is at the temple with her newly sealed spouse and as you can imagine I thought of SADIE. 
 Dallas and I married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple when I was nineteen, which meant if Sadie were to possibly do the same she too would be married at the age of nineteen. Dallas swears none of our girls will be married at that age, but I know better...it can happen, especially if they meet a wonderful young man such as their Father.
 Back to Sadie...my thoughts reflected to Sadie who is ten, which could quite possibly mean I have about nine more years with her. I don't want to have nine more years with her, but that is the reality of things. I know she will ALWAYS be my daughter, but my time for TEACHING HER all that she needs to know are limited. I want my girls to be the best: I want them to have their OWN TESTIMONIES of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I want them to have Temple Marriages and ETERNAL FAMILIES, I want them to choose a WORTHY SPOUSE and I want them to WANT children. I know they are capable.
My thoughts then turned to my Heavenly Father and the WONDERFUL GIFTS He has entrusted Dallas and I with...our children. I realize even more so, that Dallas and I have a limited amount of time with each of our children and with that time we need to ENJOY their presence...even if they are fighting and crying because that time only last for so long. I love being a Mother. I have been blessed with six wonderful spirits and I hope that through my example they are able to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the best of their ability.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, girls (and Ammon)! :) I'm diggin' the way Sariah is wearin' da headband down low!! Tight! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new family photo B! It makes my heart hurt to see it cause I just miss those beautiful kids so dang bad!!! I want to hug and kiss each one of them. And I want to hear their voices and laughter and smell their sweet heads. Can you tell I miss you guys?? Well B,...I loved your blog. It was nice to read something you wrote so sincere and close to your heart. You are always a spiritual giant to me B, and I love you for that. It really hit me all the words that you expressed. Nine years... I know I tend to do the same type of count down. I think of it when my boys (hopefully) decide to go on their mission, and then I know they will be a "man" per se... It aches in my heart to think I'll be without their wonderful smile or tiny hands. I still remember the night when Tysho was just a little guy when I came into his room to check on him sleeping and I tried to memorize every detail of his baby boy face, cause I knew someday it would pass me by, and I cried. But it was a good cry to know I loved him so much and yet also knowing someday I would let him go. I guess that's why I love the gospel so much as well. So that I know if I'm good to Tysho and love him the way my Father in Heaven trusts me too then I'll always get my baby boy in my life as well as my other precious babies. So in short I really felt your sweet words BJ so dearly. love you and your family! love, Chels- p.s. tell Sadie-kins I just bought that exact sweater she is wearing! Love it! now we can be twins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These girls are of course beautiful to see and placing them in front of the temple is so perfect. but they shine from the inside, BJ with all the love and guidance they receive every day from their mother. I can see you in their eyes. Yes, it is scary and I got married at 19 too, which today sounds extreme but I would have missed PaPa if I hadn't grabbed him up quick! Ammon is a man in a child's body. You named him perfectly and you and Dallas are the chosen parents for all six of these spirits. As a Grandma, I don't have to worry, I can just watch and enjoy and love you all.
    Love, Grandma Gilmore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my promised comment. LOL! I love this blog entry B. Your children are growing up too fast, but they are doing so in all the right ways, beautiful and wise. You and Dallas are a credit to why your children are as amazing as they are. They are a chosen generation because they are able to pass on the blessings of the temple from their own generation to the next (as simplified by the La'ie Temple fountains). I truly love that temple, aside from its obvious beauty, I had some choice expiriences there. Thanks for the beautiful post. Its very uplifting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thoughts--I feel the same way every day! Logan is eight and it has gone so fast. . . in 8 more years he will be dating! You and Dallas are great parents and your children are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You spoke my thoughts as well, but I like how you put it, because if I said it, it wouldn't of been as well written!! Congrats on the new addition and the calling!! I already know you are doing a GREAT job!! Your kiddos have a wonderful mommy!! Your doing great!! miss ya bee!!

    ReplyDelete