Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Hawaiian Halloween: 2011

These first two pictures were taken at our chapel in Wahiawa during our Ward Trunk or Treat! The kids were VERY excited about FINALLY being able to dress-up in their Halloween costumes! For the Trunk or Treat I took the TIME to do Sadie and Sophie hair; curling and "teasing" to get the extra poofiness, but it didn't last long, due to the humidity in Hawaii! Dallas did the girls make-up and I put the costumes together. Sadie is a Vamptessa, she really wanted to have blood dripping from her lips, but the Ward Trunk or Treat flyer asked for non-gory make-up. She is simply wearing my black swim cover-up with her vampire cape. Sophie is wearing the outfit I made for Sadie last Halloween, Frankeinstein's Bride, this year I simply tied my off-white scarf around her waist and added a white long sleeve shirt, angel halo, angel wings and a lot of sparkling silver glitter! Sariah is recycling her Lady costume from Lady and the Tramp, she wore this costume when she was 24 months old! Surprisingly it still fit pretty good! We just added a long sleeve Halloween shirt and tights to the costume! Ammon is Bubblebee from Transformers! He is such a BOY ! I simply purchased his costume from Costco before all the Halloween costumes there sold out, that tends to happen in Hawaii!

He didn't get to wear his Bubblebee mask that night, but enjoyed saying "Trick or Treat" to Ward members as he recieved his Halloween candy!

I bought the girls these Halloween outfits and matching hair ties at Gymboree on clearance, I just couldn't resist how cute I knew they would look in them! They wore these outfits Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday for Halloween!  Ammon had his very own   glow in the dark pj's. This picture was taken Monday morning before school started. 
This is our BEAUTIFUL Angel Sophie! She knew EXACTLY what she wanted to be this Halloween.

Our CUTE Lady! Sariah's costume was a HIT!

Our GORY Vamptessa! Yes, Halloween Night we ALLOWED her to be as GORY as she wanted to! I only wish I would have taken the time to do her hair, but I was too tired and sick from BABY #5. Still, Sadie was the best looking Vamptessa!

All the kiddos together standing in front of our trusty white trailblazer. Dallas and I had a blast getting the kids ready, he took the kids out trick or treating while I stayed behind and passed out the candy. 

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are the first two words that came out of my mouth. Thanks for posting BJ. It was great to see your children dressed up in there wonderful Halloween outfits. You cease to amaze me with your creativity. Your super mom, that is for dang sure. :) Tell the children I like each and everyone of there costume. They all looked absolutely darling. I miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I especially love the Sadie's Vampiress (can't remember the name exactly--sorry!) costume. Beautiful kiddos! Congrats on baby #5!!! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete