Sadie & I at the Mililani Stake Building in Mililani, HI
Today, Sadie and I had the opportunity in attending the Laie Temple Re-Dedication. To sum it up in two words it was both Heavenly and Wonderful! Many faithful Latter-day Saints were in attendance for this spiritual event and I am sure many walked away with different feelings from their spiritual experience. I know I did. I would like to share some of my thoughts with you now. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. Simple in every degree. What stood out the most was this quote given by our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, "You will not remember everything that is said this day, but I hope you remember the feelings you felt." It is so true. I cannot remember every word, but I can remember the expression on my daughter's face and the feelings I felt.
I felt a sense of peace, joy, love and excitement...all of these emotions combined into one, if you can imagine! I had extreme peace in knowing my Dallas, three daughters and one son were sealed to me for all time and eternity IF I strive to live according to the covenants I made in the Temple. I felt joy in knowing Families Can Be Together Forever! I felt a deeper sense of love for my Savior Jesus Christ & Heavenly Father for providing such Temples here on the earth. I felt excitement in knowing that someday soon I would again walk into the House of the Lord with my Dear Love Dallas!
I am especially grateful that I was able to share in this experience with Sadie. To see her beaming smile is joy felt beyond measure! I love you Sadie! MOM
I love this posting BJ. I am happy that you were able to share such a special expierience with Sadie. You are a wonderful example to her, as well as me. I appreciate your testimony. Most definately Temples are a wonderful gift our Heavenly Father gave to us. This blessed experience of being here in HI has brought so much affirmations in stregthening my own testimony of the gospel and setting the goal of making the Temple a priority. I love you dearly.
ReplyDeleteThe gospel is surely sweet! What a nice testimony. :)
ReplyDelete