Monday, January 11, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009

We celebrated Thanksgiving alone this year, we missed our extended family, but made the most of the time we were able to spend with Dallas. At the time, he was finishing up his Army Reconnaissance Course and we had only seen him several days in that month of November. The day before was spent running numerous errands to prepare for our move to Hawaii, so many errands that I didn't prepare much for Thanksgiving Day.

Thanksgiving Day came and Dallas and I spent all of our time preparing the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, salads, rolls, and pies for the feast while nursing two sick children back to health. Dallas did the majority of the work, I was just there to help with whatever I could, he prepared the turkey and baked three delicious pies! For some reason Sariah and Ammon became sick and we were not able to have dessert with some of our friends in the Ward...they are still trying to recover from their sickness.

I didn't do too well taking pictures that day, I should of but I didn't. Dallas was able to take this picture with my new Blackberry Phone...the turkey was soooo delicious! Thanks Love for working so hard to make our Thanksgiving Day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment