
Last week Dallas was away doing his first BOLC III field training, which consisted of six days not including the Saturday and Sunday before he had to work until 7p.m. So, the kids and I had to fill our days with things to keep us occupied. Instead of taking a ten minute drive to the Post Office, on Post, I decided it would be more fun if we walked. Sophie lovingly refers to this walk as "the journey" and that is exactly what it was! On the way we talked about Army life and how hard it was to have Dad gone for so long. The girls missed their Dad and so did I despite it only being a couple of days! Dallas and I have been apart for weeks and months at a time, not by choice, but because he had to do some sort of training for the Amy. I informed the girls that their Dad would be gone more frequently and that next year he probably would be deployed, which meant he would be away from us for an entire year. This saddened Sadie and Sophie of course and they asked if he would ever come home and I replied, "yes." I explained to them that their Dad and I prayed about the decision to join the Army and I believed from that moment on that he would be protected from harm. I continued to explain that we should be proud of our Dad for protecting our freedom and all the other soldiers who have given their lives for our country.
I still have many more field training exercises and deployments to go, I am not looking forward to them, but I know Dallas is doing what he is suppose to be doing and that brings me comfort. He is a wonderful born leader. I can see the greatness in him and it brings me joy to see his excitement!
My faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what keeps me strong. My determination to live the Gospel and keep my Covenants is what binds Dallas and I, we are best friends and we are in this together!

Sophie lovingly saluting the U.S. Flag! She did this on her own.

Sadie and Sophie saluting the U.S. Flag.
Posing for the camera. It was a slow day, none of us had showered, as you probably can tell Sariah is still in her pajamas!
Hey, BJ! You have such a great outlook! I am proud of both of you and I bet Dallas is a great leader for his guys. They are lucky to have him.
ReplyDeleteHey B. Thanks for bearing your testimony and also for all the wonderful thoughts of encouragement. You, Dallas, and your children are such great examples for the rest of us to look up to. I love you guys dearly and I am so thankful my little brother, that I love so much, has an amazing wife that brings the very best out in him. He couldn't do all of this if it weren't for your love and support. This blog got me all choked up especially Sophie's salute. love u guys. luv, Chels-
ReplyDelete