I don't think I realized how much I trully missed my family until the day they departed back to the mainland. My brother Brian and his family were not scheduled to fly back until the following day and so we spent the remainder of our time taking them around to local shops. I did not want to go home. I love being home, but the thought of entering an EMPTY home, no longer filled with my extended family, saddened me.
My sister (AKA LALA) and I were the tour guides for our family. We scheduled everything. It was fun. We spent 2 1/2 weeks:
* visiting Turtle Beach-dad kept his shoes on and they never dried!
* attending Church- we took up an entire row!
* Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribean- I think this was the highlight for Spencer! JK
* Giovanni's Shrimp- heard it was DELICIOUS! HATE SEAFOOD! Ask Dallas, Chelsea & Rocky
* Laie Temple! Amazing
* Polynesian Cultural Center-PCC -It rained on us the entire time, but it was amazing!
* Pearl Harbor-USS Missouri
* Being eaten alive by mosquito's at the park!
* Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium- my mother's fav place to shop!
* Driving around the Island- seeing the faces of family members admiring the AWESOMENESS!
* Kaneohe Beach- Parents did not get into the water, but played with grandkids on the beach.
* Surfin Taco's- A new family fav!
* Ko Olina Beach- Perfect day at the Beach
* Matsumoto Shave Ice- Need I say more...DELICIOUS!
* China Town in Honolulu
* Waikiki Beach New Years Eve
| Turtle Beach with Grandparents |
| Ko Olina Beach |
| Laie, HI Temple |
LOL! I love this posting B, it depicts the visit exactly as it was. Especially Mom "making breakfast EVERY morning and keeping the house spotless...". Our Mother is purely amazing like that;) Only if one of us could keep up with her. Hehe!
ReplyDelete