Monday, November 16, 2009

Ammon Turns a Year Old

Ammon has brought so much joy into our family. I can remember the morning I went into labor and Ammon's excitement to be free from my womb! Dallas and I were eager to add our first son to our family of three beautiful rambunctious little girls! It was a special moment, as we gazed into the eyes of our handsome little son. A rush of love, hope, and inadequacy swept through me as I held my precious son. How was I, as his mother, going to teach him all that our Heavenly Father would want him to know! Would I teach him to live up to his namesake (Ammon)? Would I instill the desire to serve a mission or have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Yes. I would try. Just as I have been trying to teach my three beautiful girls...I would continue. Being a Mother of four spirited children has given me a glimpse of the love our Heavenly Parents have for each of us.

Dallas decorated this AWESOME YANKEES CAKE! Great Job Love!



It took Ammon awhile to warm-up to unwrapping his gift and destroying his cake, but once he got started he had a blast!



Ammon's Yankee Jersey is the gift he received from both Dallas and I! Pretty sweet don't you think? Personally, I think Ammon wants to be packaged in this box and shipped to Grandma's! Just kidding.

A year ago, we bundled Ammon in a receiving blanket...today he is bundled in a fleece throw! Where does the time go!

4 comments:

  1. Happy B-day Ammon! The cake looked awesome and delicious!! I feel like making a cake now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It flys by too fast! Ammon is SO HANDSOME!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He takes after his dad of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I can't believe I hadn't commented yet. Happy Birthday Ammon! We love you so much and I will never forget the day when your mommy and daddy found out they were having a baby boy! We were all thrilled. Your sisters are gorgeous and you were needed to give someone they could fuss over. You will find that they will be one of your greatest blessings, three older sisters who adore you and love you. As well you have two amazing parents who I find myself admiring how great they are. We love you so much Ammon and could not wait for the day you were here on earth with us. Your name is so special as your parents were inspired to name you this long ago. Happy Birthday to a very special and handsome boy. Love always, Your Auntie Chelsea, Uncle Rocky, Tysho, Lincoln and MaeLee.

    ReplyDelete