


Dear Mrs. Haymond's 2nd Grade Class,
Thank you for all of your letters. They meant a lot to me. All of the other soldiers were jealous that I received such cool drawings and letters. Right now I am at Fort Benning, Georgia. I am at an Army School for 2nd Lieutentants. This school helps me learn how to be in charge of a platoon which is made up of about 40 soldiers. I wake up very early every day and go to bed late because my training lasts all day long. There are people from all over the United States that go to this school. We are all Lieutenants in the Army. After this school I will go to Fort Knox, Kentucky and learn how to be in charge of a tank platoon. I enjoy being a soldier even though I have to be away from my family. I miss them very much, but I get to talk to them on the phone everyday and that helps. As a soldier I get to serve my country and allow all of you and your family's to enjoy the freedoms that we have. I also get to serve other people from other countries and try to help them gain the freedoms that we have in the United States. Sometimes my job can be dangerous, but if do what is right and train really hard then I will be safe and I will be able to protect other soldiers around me. Remember to always be thankful that you live in such a great country. Always respect our flag and be proud of it. Continue to work hard in school and learn all that you can. Thank you again for the letters.
Sincerely,
2nd Lieutenant Dallas Gilmore (Sadie's Dad)
I just wanted to add these photos that Dallas sent us...don't you think he looks handsome...I do! Enclosed is also a letter he e-mailed to Sadie's class because they sent him several handmade cards. Isn't Dallas the greatest! We love him so very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment